What is chafing?
The groin fold is prone to flares of redness and irritation, which occur due to the maceration (chafing) of the stratum corneum. Chafing can be caused by:
- Excessive sweating from hot humid environments
- Overgrowth of bacteria
In addition to maceration of the groin area, chafing can also cause itching and burning. Chafing is more common in men because the scrotum keeps the area moist, further increasing the risk of excess sweating and redness.
What are the causes of chafing?
- Hot humid environments
- Wearing synthetic fibers
- Washing too frequently
- Wearing wet swimwear for a long time
- Practicing sports activities such as cycling and running
How to treat chafing
To eliminate inguinal redness it is important to:
- Keep the area as dry as possible.
- Apply Lenitive Cream in the evening and massage well. Lenitive Cream has astringent, anti-inflammatory and anti-friction properties which reduce irritation.
Continue application every evening until the redness completely disappears.